Head of Finance Job at The Wallich in Cardiff
The Wallich is a homelessness charity delivering innovative housing and support services to homeless and vulnerably housed people. The Organisation formed in 1978 in Cardiff and now supports around 8000 people a year across Wales. Our work falls into four principal areas:
1. Residential supported housing projects, including direct access hostels, emergency night shelters and accommodation for people with specific issues such as substance misuse, youth services etc.
2. Floating (Tenancy) support projects in which we support people who have tenancy difficulties, sometimes with a contributing health or other need, and are in danger of losing their homes.
3. Prevention or intervention projects supplied through Homelessness Prevention Grant funding which are a broad range of services that prevent homelessness or make life better for homeless people.
4. Participation and Progression services, which are embedded in all our projects enhancing support through providing opportunities for Service Users to take an active part in their community. These services include those designed to enable people to move into meaningful activities including employment and training opportunities.
The Wallich’s values are of empowerment and treating people with dignity, respect and unconditional positive regard. The Wallich is committed to providing services that are trauma informed and delivered with Psychologically Informed Environments (PIE) at the heart of its support. A PIE is an approach to supporting people out of homelessness whilst making significant and positive progress in overcoming trauma, substance misuse and mental illness. It also considers the psychological needs of staff: developing skills and knowledge, increasing motivation, job satisfaction and resilience. At the heart of what we do are the people we support, who are actively and meaningfully involved in their own support and encouraged to participate in the design, development and delivery of services.
The Finance department plays a key role within The Wallich by controlling and monitoring all financial transactions to ensure that the organisations financial processes are legally compliant with standard accounting practices. The Finance teams duties include providing financial reports to internal decision makers and external stakeholders, and are responsible for the organisation’s payroll and requisitions functions.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Head of Finance will be accountable for the effective delivery of the organisation’s financial strategy, achieved by ensuring the function’s efficient operation and working to enhance its value to the organisation, driving the function forward through management and development of a team of five as well as working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
We do not accept unsolicited agency referrals for this position and do not consider any applicants, to have been introduced to us via agency.
Main Duties, Responsibilities and Person Profile
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. To provide internal and external stakeholders with accurate, reliable, and timely financial information and analysis of the organisations and individual project finances.
2. To lead and co-ordinate the annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
3. To be responsible for the reporting against progress of set financial KPIS’s to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees.
4. To oversee the organisation’s cash forecasting and treasury function, building and maintaining relationships with third party stakeholders.
5. To provide information to the Senior Leadership team to assess the financial risk of new tenders and other funding opportunities.
6. To build and maintain strong relationships with Senior Operational Managers, attending regular internal and external meetings.
7. To support the induction of the organisations management team to ensure compliance and understanding of financial policies and procedures and provide training when necessary.
8. To line manage and develop the Finance management team, ensuring that all activities are carried out in conjunction with any legal and regulatory requirements.
9. To deputise for the Director of Finance when required.
A full job description and person profile can be downloaded by clicking the Job Profile document link below. You will need this open in order to complete your application.
Interviews will be held on 16th & 17th March 2021 between 9.00AM – 3.00PM via MS Teams/Zoom.
Job Profile document Download
About the Company
Company: The Wallich
Company Location: Cardiff