Head of Finance Job at Great Southern Bank – in Melbourne VIC
The Head of Finance leads the development of the strategy and initiatives for the optimisation and continuous improvement of the Finance function. As a leader, you coach support and mentor your team to collaborate with the broader organisation by bringing an enterprise view. You are a key contributor to the senior leadership team of the Group and represent both the CFO division and the Group with key stakeholders, both internally and externally. Reporting to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, you are a key influencer across both the CFO division and the broader organisation.
Note: Although this position is open to candidates based in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, we do have a preference for Brisbane based candidates.
- Lead the organisational strategy for the delivery of financial reporting, operational accounting, tax, treasury back office and middle office and subsidiary regulatory requirements. You are responsible for the timely delivery of financial, operational and regulatory information.
- Set the team direction to enable the achievement of organisational objectives and continuously improve the culture of exceptional service, teamwork, commitment to excellence, a professional ethic and team engagement. You are responsible for all aspects of people management in your team.
- Be a trusted advisor across the business and actively contribute to working groups, and senior management and Board committees. You are responsible for helping to increase the financial acumen of the Group.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and reporting developments. You are responsible for adjusting the strategic direction of the Finance team to respond to changes in the regulatory environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of financial management experience, preferably within a retail financial institution, dealing with auditors, regulators, and Board Audit Committees.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills, having led small to medium sized teams, in medium to large sized enterprises.
- Experience in developing and embedding first line risk management
- Commerce / Business degree with a major in accounting
- CA / CPA qualified
- A proven team player and relationship builder with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, motivated by seeing people succeed
- Strong planning, risk identification, prioritisation, and problem-solving skills, relating to your own, team and enterprise initiatives
- Strategic, forward thinking and results-driven with a focus on timely delivery, but flexible enough to find practical solutions
- Focussed on providing commercial business solutions aligned to strategy and purpose
- Grounded in values, holding yourself to a professional and ethical standard of working at all times
- Strong communication skills, including to the Board Audit Committee
- Embraces challenge and is open to new ideas
- Set the standard for service delivery and look for ways to improve you and your team’s understanding of stakeholder’s needs
- Passionate about how technology can improve the working life for the team
- Highly numerate, with a strong attention to detail and exceptional analytical skills
- Committed to delivering better-value banking and helping our customers and our people
CUA has entered an ambitious and exciting growth phase and is now known as Great Southern Bank- Australia’s largest customer owned bank. Focusing on the next stage our of development as an organisation and repositioning to remain relevant to our customers-current and future-we are investing significantly in technology, products, and people! We have a culture that’s fun, approachable and supportive- allowing our team members to be their best every day, whether that’s at work or at home!
We’re hugely excited about the journey ahead and are looking for talented and enthusiastic people who want to be part of a winning team. If you are motivated, energetic and dedicated to helping our customers achieve the great Australian dream, we want to hear from you!
Questions? Please call Helen Brady from our Talent Acquisition team on 07 3552 4926
Applications will close on, or before Friday, 11 March 2022.
At Great Southern Bank, we’re committed to building a strong, inclusive and diverse workplace, where people feel a sense of belonging, are valued, connected and respected. We value diverse backgrounds, cultures, abilities, ideas and experiences; recognising the benefits they bring to our work, our communities and the way we help our customers. We support and promote an inclusive culture through flexible ways of working, collaboration, fair and equitably decision making that empowers our people to be at their best every day.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Great Southern Bank –
Company Location: Melbourne VIC