Healthcare Data Analyst II – Finance Analytics (Remote Options) Job at Inland Empire Health Plans – 3.6 in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Under the direction of the department leadership team, the Healthcare Data Analyst II (HDA II) is responsible for leading various data and analysis efforts for the Finance Department that help drive company key initiatives.
The HDA II must have working experience in designing relational databases, complex query logic, and data modeling. In addition to technical data concepts, the HDA II must have experience in financial analysis or healthcare data analysis in a health plan setting (or equivalent healthcare organization).
The HDA II presents study/analysis results to various audiences throughout the organization, including the leadership team. Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Serve as technical lead in analysis and reporting efforts that support the department in healthcare data analyses, including but not limited to, financial forecasting, costs and utilization reporting, and data modeling for healthcare data.
2. Exercises timely and accurate data mining techniques and develops new or modifies existing reports that ensure consistent conclusions to data analysis.
3. Design and enhance databases to support reporting and analysis needs, including testing, validating, and maintaining data integrity and accuracy, across multiple databases.
4. Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve problems.
5. Responsible for evaluating report requests to determine requestor’s needs and objectives, identifying correct methodology for extracting data including data sources and criteria, and ensuring the delivered report is accurate, timely, and formatted appropriately.
6. Significant participation in analysis, interpretation, and translating of complex health plan data, issues, trends, and relationships into effective strategies and action plans.
7. Responsible for managing assigned projects and effectively communicating with the leadership team any project deadlines that may be in jeopardy of being met, well in advance of the due date.
8. Present findings of analyses to various staff levels including executive team, leadership team and staff levels. Present results in formats that are easy to understand and appropriate to the audience.
9. Document all analysis / reporting projects following established protocols, ensuring replication of results by an independent reviewer.
10. Demonstrate a commitment to incorporate LEAN principles into daily work.
11. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others throughout the organization.
12. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by the department leadership team. Supervisory Responsibilities Leading: Self Experience Qualifications
3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
Demonstrated experience working with large data sets and relational database structures. Preferred Experience Education Qualifications
Master’s degree from an accredited institution required.
Significant experience may be considered in lieu of degree: In lieu of a Master’s degree, a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s degree is required. Preferred Education Professional Certification Professional Licenses Drivers License Required No Knowledge Requirement
Working knowledge of data analysis, study methodology, and preparing professional documents. Basic understanding of statistical methods. Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, SQL, SAS, or other equiv. data program language are essential. Skills Requirement
Data analysis, data presentation, spread sheet and database capabilities. Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point required. Abilities Requirement
Strong problem-solving capability. Strong attention to detail. Ability to effectively analyze large/complex datasets. Ability to present reports / data analysis findings in group settings. Ability to manage multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines is a must. Commitment to Team Culture
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization. Working Conditions Physical Requirements Keyboarding: 10-Key – FREQUENTLY Keyboarding: Touch-Screen – FREQUENTLY Keyboarding: Traditional – FREQUENTLY Hearing: One-on-One – FREQUENTLY Communicate: Information/ideas verbally – FREQUENTLY Regular contacts: co-workers, supervisor – FREQUENTLY Near Visual Acuity – FREQUENTLY Sitting – CONSTANTLY Lighting – CONSTANTLY Indoors – FREQUENTLY Memory – FREQUENTLY Understand and follow direction – FREQUENTLY Regular and reliable attendance – CONSTANTLY
Starting Salary: $85,841.60 – $109,449.60
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.
About the Company
Company: Inland Empire Health Plans – 3.6
Company Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA