Interactive Banker (Teller) Job at FIRST GUARANTY BANK – 3.3 in Hammond, LA
An Interactive Banker’s (IB) primary responsibility is to process transactions via Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs) accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment in accordance with established policies and procedures. (Interactive Bankers are in our Customer Support Center, not in our banking centers)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. ITM transactions are predominantly routine and include basic teller transactions, for example, cashing and depositing checks. (Use computerized systems for customer authentication, information gathering/validation and processing business as usual, as well as exception transactions).
2. Must have good communication skills in a face-to-face customer environment and be comfortable being always on camera, as customers will see the Interactive Banker via video transmission from the ITM to the Interactive Banker’s computer desktop.
3. The Interactive Banker must act as First Guaranty Bank’s face to the customer and consistently seek to delight our customers by demonstrating our Customer Service Standards.
4. Build customer loyalty through courtesy and friendliness, including addressing each customer by name.
5. Ensure bank policies and procedures and regulatory requirements, such as Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act are adhered to.
6. May be required to work weekends and/or evening hours and regular, reliable attendance is critical.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
Minimum of six months customer service experience
Proficiency in basic computer skills
Ability to work effectively as a team member
Strong oral and written communication skills
Bilingual speaking preferred, English and Spanish.
Ability to respond and assist customer with inquiries
Careful attention to detail and time management
Comfortable with emerging technologies- virtual customer interactions
Previous teller/banking/new accounts experience of at least 1 year is preferred
Ability to identify customer financial needs, goals, and objectives
Ability to identify and mitigate potential fraud and other transaction risk
Previous cross-sales and/or referral experience
Technology proficient – strong core technology skills, coupled with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology
Strong professional presence on camera
Any other duties given by supervisor
Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen to customers. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About the Company
Company: FIRST GUARANTY BANK – 3.3
Company Location: Hammond, LA