Investment Specialist Job at Baillie Gifford – in Investment Specialist
Overview of Department
Purpose of Role
Are you curious, patient and brave? Do you like to be pushed out of your comfort zone in an engaging workplace? Are you looking for a role which offers variety? Whether that be communicating the views of the International equity strategies both externally to clients and internally to client service and marketing staff. Or, working closely with the investment teams, attending portfolio discussions, and the opportunity to attend some of the stock discussions and company meetings.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. We are recruiting Investment Specialists to join us in our International equity team.
We have a long history in international equities dating back to the 1980s and this has been a successful growth area for the business over the past couple of decades and it now accounts for around a third of assets under management.
- Maintain and expand investment and portfolio knowledge
- Make a valuable contribution:
- Towards the investment debate with the investment floor
- Towards developing the investment knowledge of the Clients Department and act as the main contact point for investment related issues
- Ensure high standards of client service is fulfilled. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring high standard of information reporting via written reports, intellectual capital and at client meetings
- Provide support to client contacts and marketers to help them respond to technical investment related queries from clients and prospects
- Market Baillie Gifford to potential clients through establishing effective relationships with consultants, prospects and relevant clients department teams.
- Seek out and develop new business opportunities
- Help to strengthen the ties between the investment team and the relevant clients contacts
- Develop the stock and portfolio knowledge of the relevant client department teams
- Propose and deliver new ways of delivering strategy information
Knowledge, skills and experience: –
- The full Investment Management Certificate (IMC) and CISI Level 6 Fund Management Module or CFA Level 1 (desirable)
- Equivalent level 6 qualifications in a relevant subject area will also be considered
- Where you don’t meet the required qualifications, you would be expected to do some additional study to meet the relevant regulatory requirements for the role. This will be discussed throughout the interview process
Experience and knowledge: –
- Working in investment related financial services, ideally in an investment research or client facing role
- Investment knowledge and awareness
- Presenting to clients
- Participation in a small team
- Management of client/marketing tasks
Abilities and skills: –
- Strong presentation skills
- Relationships building
- Diligent and organised
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with people at all levels internally and externally
- A working knowledge of investments
- Actions and behaviour should reflect Baillie Gifford’s Shared Beliefs
- Team Working
- Business Understanding
- Relationship Building
Additional information: –
- The role will offer the opportunity to travel overseas, primarily to the US and Canada. However, this is flexible and will be discussed throughout the interview process
- We anticipate offering our staff a blend of home and office working. We are open to candidates living further afield. However, we are looking for regular attendance to our Edinburgh office so you can meet and collaborate with your colleagues as well as embrace the wonderful culture that Baillie Gifford has to offer.
- This position has been deemed a Certified role within the FCA’s Senior Manager and Certification Regime. As a result, occupants details will be displayed on the FCA register and both initial and annual fitness and propriety assessments must be completed.
October 29, 2021
At Baillie Gifford we are committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful culture in which each of our colleagues can thrive and develop. We believe that our clients are best served by a diverse workforce with the experiences, ideas and perspectives that this brings.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: Baillie Gifford –
Company Location: Investment Specialist