Junior Financial Analyst Job at BlueCat Networks – in Toronto, ON
BlueCat is the Adaptive DNS™ company. The company’s mission is to help the world’s largest organizations thrive in a complex, hybrid cloud world, from the edge to the core. To do this, BlueCat re-imagined DNS. The result – Adaptive DNS™ – is a dynamic, open, secure, scalable, and automated resource that supports the most challenging digital transformation initiatives, like adoption of hybrid cloud and rapid application development.
Right now you’re thinking ‘Great, so why is that interesting to me?’ Here’s why:
BlueCat occupies an incredibly strategic and valuable real estate on corporate networks – the ‘first step’ taken when any device, application or service connects to a network. That translates into incalculable opportunities for innovation and growth. To capitalize on it, we just need the right people. That’s you.
Here’s what you need to know about our Finance Team: We guarantee you have never met a more collaborative, high energy and high performing finance team than the one at BlueCat. We are a big group that has grown and developed into the heroes of all things numbers for our organization. We keep everything running efficiently and balanced- that’s how we all get paid! Did we mention we win the Halloween costume competition every year?
- Process all incoming vendor invoices for accuracy, approval and posting in a multi-entity and multi-currency environment.
- Ensure all invoices are recorded in accordance with Company policy and to appropriate accounts and departments.
- Prepare weekly payment runs, including manual wire payments.
- Post bank entries (disbursements) to G/L system.
- Perform purchase order matching with vendor bills to ensure accuracy of G/L coding.
- Prepare month end journal entries (accrued liabilities, leases, fixed assets) and related reconciliations and supporting documents.
- Provide timely communication to vendors and internal stakeholders with respect to inquiries related to invoices, payments, PO’s, and corporate credit cards.
- Follow up on unpaid invoices and manage ongoing vendor relationships.
- Manage accounts payable portal (Tipalti); including user access management, vendor set-up, payment details, etc.
- Contribute accurate, timely and relevant analysis of the financial results as it relates to accounts payable and accrued liabilities, including contributions to monthly balance sheet analytics and other external reporting.
- Process corporate credit card transactions and ensure expenses are booked accurately.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries and requests for financial support for projects and special initiatives.
- Support yearly financial audit as well as other tax and compliance audits when necessary.
- Recognized university degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Business, Accounting, Economics).
- 1-2 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role, ideally in accounts payables with understanding of procure-to-pay.
- Exceptional Excel skills and ability to learn new systems (experience with NetSuite and Tipalti is an asset).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented approach to challenges.
- Self-starter with a strong level of ownership, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and great communication skills.
- Experience in International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) or U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“U.S. GAAP”) is considered an asset.
- Experience in the software industry is considered an asset.
What you’ll get from us:
Fast growth for BlueCat means fast growth for you! With the world’s biggest and hottest logos as our clients, we are a well-established business that still operates with the fun culture of a start-up. We get to work hard and still have all the fun without all the risk! Experienced leaders make sure we keep going to the moon and beyond.
While we’re growing together, we’ll have your back with solid compensation/bonuses, education budgets, corporate discount for gym memberships for you and your family, daily discounted breakfasts and lunches catered from all over the city, record breaking sales quarters, team and company socials, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hackathons, and a company culture that values curiosity, clarity, collaboration, transparency and ownership. All this in a beautiful office in Toronto, with easy access to transit on the Yonge line.
Joining BlueCat means you’ll be joining a company that’s been certified as a Great Place to Work for the fifth year in a row! In addition to that, we’ve been included in the 2020 lists for the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and Best Workplaces for Women.
If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
Accommodations will be provided throughout the recruitment, hiring and employment process in accordance with the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
About the Company
Company: BlueCat Networks –
Company Location: Toronto, ON