Licensed Customer Service Representative (Travel Insurance Sales) Job at Pacific Blue Cross – in Burnaby, BC
Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia’s leading benefits provider for 80 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Pacific Blue Cross Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We’re interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
Working in a dynamic and stimulating customer contact centre and utilizing the latest technology, you will provide clients with a superior customer experience while answering inquiries and concerns related to individual plans and travel insurance. We are recruiting for a* permanent Licensed Customer Service Representative (Insurance Sales) *to join our Individual Plans team! This role will be temporarily “Work from Home” until further notice, however our head office is located in Burnaby, BC.
Under the general supervision of the Team Leader/Manager, provides inbound and outbound call back services to the general public, members, policy holders and brokers for a diverse range of products and services designed for individuals and unique small groups. Provides options for Travel Plans and offers enrolment, extensions and re-application services to members. Processes financial transactions such as renewal payments and Travel Plan refunds. Prepares and distributes outbound emails to address telephone inquiries, and places outbound calls in response to voicemail inquiries. Performs a variety of clerical support functions to the department.
Customer, Client and Member Service (Inbound and Outbound)
- Provides inbound and outbound call back services to the general public, members, policy holders and brokers for a diverse range of products and services designed for individuals and unique small groups by:
- receiving all incoming inquiries on a wide range of Travel Plan options and alternatives based on member situation, cross-selling and upselling features where multiple options are applicable, and providing enrolment, extension and re-application services based on the Travel Plan selected by members;
- receiving and screening general incoming calls and responding to member requests for a call back as assigned to determine member needs;
- accessing a variety of internal information resources and online systems to determine appropriate response, action, escalation or referral;
- interpreting and explaining Individual Product contracts, policies, benefits, waiting periods, exclusions such as pre-existing conditions and rates;
- supporting third party brokers in the registration and enrolment of new members, and in accessing online resources on individual products offered by PBC;
- in real time, processing renewal payments, credit card transactions for missed payments, approved waivers of NSF fees, refunds of Travel Plans and other financial transactions related to IP plan administration;
- collecting and preparing refund information for delayed processing when real time options are unavailable;
- referring claims-related calls to Customer Experience for action;
- applying a variety of customer service tools and techniques to clarify client issues, diffuse hostility, ensure open communication and promote customer well-being;
- ensuring all interactions are completed within established standards of service delivery and service level objectives to facilitate the achievement of customer satisfaction, productivity and efficiency.
- Using standard templates or modifying existing templates to accommodate specific information requirements, prepares and distributes outbound emails to address telephone inquiries. As assigned by IP leadership, places outbound calls in response to voicemails received through the IP queue to collect missed or owing payments, follow up on other payment issues, address maintenance of member accounts, reinstatements and address updates.
- Documents all client interactions, file updates and all other member information in IP Administration systems and other PBC programs.
General Department and Team Support
4. Performs a variety of clerical support functions as required including processing returned mail, distributing offer letters and manual cheques, assembling welcome packages and contracts, and other general routine administrative activities.
5. On a one to one basis, supports new employees by demonstrating the execution of specific tasks and duties, and sharing knowledge and experience on request where additional routine product or procedure information is required.
6. Maintains up to date knowledge of individual products policies procedures, system requirements, terminology and other information related to the provision of IP call centre services to the general public, members, policy holders and brokers through regular review of job aids, department emails and bulletins.
7. Performs other assigned duties related to the provision of call centre services, administration and/or clerical support which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Insurance and Council Rules Course or one of three other education options or equivalent as recognized by the Insurance Council of BC, resulting in the Level 1 General Insurance Salesperson License
- A minimum of 2 years previous related sales experience in a customer services-oriented position such as inbound call centre agent or dealing with customer inquiries over the phone within a general insurance or group benefits environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills including determining customer needs through active listening, asking relevant questions using empathy, narrowing down available options and applying cross-selling and upselling techniques.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Minimum keyboarding skills of 6500 ksph
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. PBC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. To request an accommodation in completing this application, pre-employment testing, interviewing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: Pacific Blue Cross –
Company Location: Burnaby, BC