Manager, Finance and Operations Jobs in United States at Extend
Title: Manager, Finance and Operations
Location: United States
Extend is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the B2B payments space with a focus on serving banks and their customers. We have built the first virtual card platform of its kind, directly integrated with processors, networks, and the technology that supports banking across the industry. We offer several virtual card products including an app-as-a-service that banks can offer business customers with their existing credit cards, a suite of virtual card APIs for those looking to build custom payment solutions, and we also offer secure connectivity to key banking and payment services that enable 3rd-parties to integrate and embed payments into their software.
Founded in 2017 by 3 industry experts with experience at Fortune 500 companies, including American Express and Capital One, Extend is headquartered in Manhattan and has recently raised $40m in venture capital from top fintech investors. Extend was recently voted one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes and best payments service platform by Tearsheet.
With extreme monthly growth and 70+ mission-driven employees, now is prime time to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Manager, Finance and Operations at Extend, you will play a critical role in enabling Extend’s rapid growth as one of the leading payments platforms on the market. You will be a vital component of building a best-in-class finance organization that will serve as one of the backbones of Extend’s continued ability to scale. You will have the opportunity to assume a high degree of ownership over your work product and see your efforts reflected across the organization as we build new processes and improve upon existing ones.
You will be exposed to diverse responsibilities and projects, including budgets/forecasts, monthly close, financial modeling, pricing models, sales incentive plans, payroll, investor relations/reporting, and much more. Truly an opportunity to gain broad experience across all aspects of a finance department, impact strategy and decision-making, and receive a high level of exposure across all levels of the organization in a high-growth, start-up environment.
At Extend, you’ll:
• Assist VP, Finance and Operations in all aspects of FP&A and accounting as well as sales incentives, pricing, payroll, and ad-hoc projects as needed
• Analyze platform usage data to glean actionable insights and identify trends that can inform sales or marketing efforts to bolster sales
• Maintain budget/forecast files and actualize results against company projections on a monthly basis, analyzing variances and communicating results to management to inform decision-making
• Liaison with department heads to track results against budget, gathering insights to adjust re-forecasts, identify opportunities to optimize spend, and keep company on target to hit financial goals
• Assist in day-to-day financial operations, inclusive of receivables/payables, treasury functions, expense reimbursements, bank reconciliations, etc.
• Prepare journal entries, reconcile accounts, and prepare/analyze financial statements as part of the monthly close
• Assist in investor reporting obligations, including the preparation of various financial information and KPI’s
• Support efforts of the sales organization, including assessing the implications of various pricing models and administering sales incentive plans
Ideally, you’ll have:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economic…