Manager – Risk Management Job at Orica – in Australia
We are Orica, the global leader in mining and civil blasting.
It’s an exciting time for us. Through digital and automated technologies, we’re transforming the drill and blast process to increase safety and productivity in mining.
Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our 11,500+ people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers find success.
About the role
We are currently searching for a Manager – Risk Management. This exciting and very rare opportunity will partner with Orica’s global regions and business functions to facilitate change; driving accountability and delivery of the Group Risk Strategy and enterprise-wide risk management program.
In this highly visible and critical role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and embedding superior capabilities to identify, assess and manage the full spectrum of risks and enable our workforce to understand and manage risk. The effective management of these risks is critical to preserving Orica’s reputation for integrity and our position as a trusted partner of choice for our customers.
This is a key role within our team, where strong influencing, exceptional communication, leadership skills and the ability to perform in a demanding environment will see you thrive. If you are strategic, commercial, committed, and proactive in your approach, we want to hear from you.
What you will be doing
- Support the implementation of Orica’s risk strategy by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach.
- Create risk awareness and communication across Orica.
- Implement processes to assess and report on the effectiveness of risk governance frameworks implemented by the business and adherence to the applicable standards as appropriate.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and further develops capability across the business in respect of the implementation and maintenance of risk management practices aligned with Orica’s risk operating model and strategy.
- Manage the process to ensure business controls are periodically evaluated and reported to assess the effectiveness in the management of priority risk.
- Conduct quality review of risks, key controls and improvement (action plans) identified.
- Work collaboratively with the business to identify and implement consistent and effective approaches to risk governance and control-based activities.
- Leverage data to analyse risk exposures and challenge responses.
- Support Executive, Board and Audit and Risk Committee reporting.
What you will bring
- Relevant tertiary qualification in accounting, economics, finance or equivalent. Relevant tertiary qualification in engineering, science or equivalent also highly regarded.
- Experience (c.7 years) in or working with large, global businesses on assurance or risk matters will be highly regarded.
- Proven structured problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present strategic logic and recommended pathways, coupled with the ability to present to senior key stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen supported by sound commercial judgement.
- Must be proficient in the application of ISO 31000 and COSO.
What we offer:
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
About the Company
Company: Orica –
Company Location: Australia