Manager, Student Finance Job at YORKVILLE UNIVERSITY & TORONTO FILM SCHOOL – in New Westminster, BC
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Manager, British Columbia Student Finance, is responsible for managing British Columbia Financial Aid Officers who support Yorkville University Bachelor’s degree programs.
The Manager, British Columbia Student Finance, is responsible for the overall management of the activities and results of the British Columbia Student Finance team, providing leadership in training, guiding, coaching and mentoring of the team.
The Manager, British Columbia Student Finance, will provide coverage for and undertake Financial Aid Officer duties as and when required.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Responsible for recruiting, managing and the day-to-day supervision of British Columbia Financial Aid Officers.
– Ensure Financial Aid Officers are effectively oriented to the organization and trained to appropriate levels of competence.
– Responsible for ensuring Student Aid compliance at BC campus. This includes, but not limited to, cost code maintenance, student aid training for new and continuing staff, completion of all confirmation of enrolments, default/KPI final term workshops.
– Ensure that the financial aid team completes collections activity in a timely manner.
– Oversee the processing of all withdrawal calculations.
– Coordinates and tracks all student finance staff vacation days and sick days.
– Conduct regular individual and team meetings to ensure effective internal communication.
– Ensure individual student files are maintained in a manner consistent with government record-keeping requirements and internal school policies.
– Work closely with student services, registrar office and admissions to ensure a positive working relationship with the financial aid department.
– Support the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience.
– Provide regular and timely activity reports to the Associate Director, Student Finance.
– Other duties as assigned.
III. POSITION PROFILE
A. Education and Experience
– Post-secondary education in a relevant field
– Five years’ experience in a customer service role
– Previous experience in administration of financial aid at a private post-secondary school would be preferred.
– Working knowledge of provincial financial aid requirements is a requirement.
B. Skills and Abilities
– Excellent written, oral and electronic communication and interpersonal skills.
– Strong organizational, analytical & time management skills
– Ability to work both independently and closely with others, balancing multiple priorities
– Accuracy and timeliness in data entry
– A facility for working with both people and numbers
– Strong teamwork ability.
About Yorkville University
Founded in 2004, Yorkville University is a Canadian university with a national presence. With campuses in New Brunswick, Ontario and British Columbia, Yorkville University offers professional, practitioner-oriented masters and bachelor degree programs, delivered entirely online, in class or a blend of both. Please visit www.yorkvilleu.ca for further information.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville University and Toronto Film School, and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. Toronto Film School/Yorkville University encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups. Toronto Film School/Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’).
If you require accommodation for disability please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.t practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: YORKVILLE UNIVERSITY & TORONTO FILM SCHOOL –
Company Location: New Westminster, BC