National Sales Account Manager Job at Lineage Logistics – in Birmingham
As a National Sales Development Manager, you are the key point of contact between the business and our clients. You are expected to develop the relationship between our businesses and unlock opportunities to grow our revenue with the client. You will need to understand the client’s business and build a relationship that makes Yearsley the natural choice by delivering market leading solutions and service.
You will also be responsible for new sales opportunities with clients that we don’t currently have a relationship with. Even though this position is based at our Hams Hall Depot you will be covering the whole of the South therefore you must be commutable.
You will need a high level understanding of our business, systems and procedures and be able to communicate these effectively at all levels through our clients business. A flexible approach to work is vital and you will be required to travel nationally with nights away, sometimes at very short notice if the customer demands. A driving licence is obviously essential.
Presentation and negotiation skills are essential and you should be fully conversant with PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
You will meet with the client on a periodic basis to review the account. These meetings may be held at the client’s premises or at a Yearsley site. The meetings should follow a set agenda dependant on the customer and their individual needs. This agenda should include the following attributes.
- KPI review and reporting
- Projections (storage volume, transport volume, promotions)
- Selling opportunities
- Finance (overdue invoices, outstanding credits, claims)
- Being commercially aware is a key attribute of the role, growing our services and revenue streams through the following;
- Identification of new core business. (current & new clients)
- Understanding the supply chain and looking for synergies and cost reductions that increase profitability while reducing the customer spend.
- Experience preferred within foodservice arena with a proven track record
- Attend trade shows
- Position working from home / laptop/ mobile phone/ company car/ competitive salary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- sales: 2 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Lineage Logistics –
Company Location: Birmingham