Premium Auditor I Job at New Mexico Mutual – 3.3 in Albuquerque, NM
Responsible for conducting workers’ compensation premium audits both remotely and
at the insured’s location or independent accounting firm in a timely and cost effective
manner. This position also serves as a resource to other departments on Workers’
Compensation rules, regulations and classifications.
- Schedule and conduct audits of selected policies by obtaining records both remotely and by
traveling to insured’s place of business to examine, verify, and record pertinent data from
financial records to determine premium basis and classification
- Review policyholder operations to include business ownership, change of exposure, claims,
NCCI classifications and application of NCCI rules
- Summarize information from audit work papers and prepare complete audit reports for
- Review premium audit summaries by comparing information on audit work papers against
policy provisions to ensure accuracy of final audit billings
- Assists insureds, agents, underwriters, marketing, and other service personnel in
understanding the audit process through explanation of audit procedures
- Analyze and conclude disputed audit inquiries from policyholders and agents
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Minimum of one to four years of direct experience and/or formal training in a related field (e.g.
insurance, premium auditing, accounting)
Two years of workers’ compensation or premium auditing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Math skills
- Organization skills are a must including time management, scheduling, and ability to
- Ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across the business and corporate departments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to conduct business professionally and positively
- Ability to take feedback positively to make corrections or changes for improvement
- Must have a vehicle for field travel (mileage reimbursed at government rate), a valid
driver’s license, and insurance
- Ability to travel within assigned territory
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Preferred APA, CIC, CPCU, etc. designations
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- MS Office (Word, Advanced Excel, Outlook)
Values and Mission:
Adheres to New Mexico Mutual’s values and mission by demonstrating Service Excellence, Trust,
Ownership, One Team and Boldness in thought and action.
Develops and maintains positive working relationships with team members, customers, co-workers
and management by demonstrating effective communication and collaborative skills.
- This position requires regular driving on company business. The employee is required to
maintain a satisfactory driving record, a valid driver’s license, proof of in-force automobile
insurance coverage and authorization and release of driving records to permit the company
to check the individual’s driving record, at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, as a
condition of employment.
- NEW MEXICO MUTUAL maintains general office conditions with light physical demands.
- Employees of NEW MEXICO MUTUAL adhere to all safety rules and regulations
including building security.
- Employees participate in ensuring safe and efficient operating conditions that safeguard
employees and facilities.
- NEW MEXICO MUTUAL maintains a drug free environment, drug testing prior to
employment as well as upon a work-related accident.
Location: 5201 Balloon Fiesta Parkway NE
Albuquerque,NM 87113, Albuquerque, NM 87113
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: New Mexico Mutual – 3.3
Company Location: Albuquerque, NM