Procurement Specialist Job at Jetstar – in Melbourne VIC
Permanent opportunity, based in Melbourne
Built on a long history of pioneering aviation, the Qantas Group continues to push boundaries today. Whether it’s through state of the art aircraft, new routes or world-class product, we’re working to create memorable experiences for our customers whenever they fly with us.
While we operate in an unpredictable industry, we thrive on uncertainty and are always ready for a challenge. We take a commercial mindset to all that we do, ensuring we make strategic decisions that live up to our customer’s expectations.
Driving sustainability, our procurement and supply chain function meet the demands of the Qantas Group’s diverse portfolio, while maximising the value from our supplier related expenditure.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for planning and executing sourcing activities for their relevant categories, in line with the business Category Strategy and in consultation with business stakeholders. The position operates in a category of high value cross-Group spend where strong interpersonal skills are integral to achieving sustainable positive outcomes. You will be encouraged to think innovatively, challenge the status quo & work independently to develop & maintain best practice in this category.
Core responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensure appropriate procurement strategies are developed and applied to individual procurement projects according to the overall Category Strategy as well as specific operational requirements
- Take responsibility for sourcing activities within their category, seeing them through from inception to contract execution
- Effective handover of relevant information to the business contract manager, procurement category manager and/or other procurement leaders as required
- Work with team-based Analysts and Group Finance to draw on their analytical expertise throughout sourcing processes
- Support the internal business and external suppliers with strategic procurement needs
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement, Finance or Business Management
- Desirable MCIPS accreditation (including an existing pathway to accreditation)
- 3 – 5 years strategic sourcing, category management and procurement experience
- Experience in a commercially focused airline, financial or business role
- Superior Excel skills preferred with experience in financial modelling, analysis and ability to incorporate the insights and information into technical contracts
- Experience with diverse and senior stakeholders
- Sound influencing, communication and negotiation skills
- Able to interpret and execute category strategies, analyse data and markets, professionally present findings and recommendations
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and a passion for delivering commercially astute outcomes
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – get in touch today.
About the Company
Company: Jetstar –
Company Location: Melbourne VIC