Procurement Specialist (Inside IR35) Job at Public Sector Resourcing – in Home Based
Procurement Specialist (Inside IR35)
Contract Term: 6 Months
Contracting Authority: Natural England
We are looking for someone experienced in procurement, who has worked in the public sector and would like to make a difference in the way Natural England staff interact with the guidance/process and governance that applies to our work.
We work alongside Defra Group Commercial who delegate procurement under £25K to Natural England staff to complete on a self-service basis. This is a mixture of contracts with technical experts in conservation, planning, landscape management, scientific research and collaborative agreements with partners and stakeholders.
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
As a Procurement Specialist your main responsibilities would be:
· Improving and drafting guidance for non-procurement customers.
· Providing day to day advice to customers on Procurement process, governance and contract management of all self-service procurement activity. Taking full account of risk, value for money, managing propriety and maximising savings where possible.
· Help develop Pipeline of programme projects to identify project managers, track progress and monitor expenditure and report unspent budgets.
· Identify with Defra Group Commercial opportunities to create aggregation and develop Frameworks.
· Support the development of Management information to enable Senior Leadership to make decisions. Looking at the breakdown of Procurement by activity, contracts and collaborative agreements.
· Work with Defra to identify frameworks that can be used by Natural England customers. Communicate this to Natural England.
· Working with Defra – who provide Procurement for higher contracts, to provide information to help with their demand resourcing.
· Communicate improvements made, frameworks set up and in place, and identify training opportunities, using language familiar to the customer.
· Provide training to customer on what process to follow and what governance applies to their project outputs.
· Assist in the development of a medium- and longer-term strategy for Procurement in Natural England.
You’ll have relevant experience in:
· Analysing data and present findings to a senior audience.
· And a good track record in building relationships and experience in influencing senior staff and stakeholders.
· Supporting change and help people adapt to it.
· Influencing and challenge across a complex range of customers.
· Expert in the use of Microsoft office Excel and Access, preparing reports and analysis to a wide range of audiences.
· Customer mapping and driving improvements in guidance and processes and embedding change
· Setting and adhering to standards in Public Procurement Policy
· The development of Procurement strategies, use of procurement tools to identify business needs, identify commercial risk and set in place support for robust contracts for delivery. Knowledge of how to manage poor supplier performance.
· Confident in identifying efficiency gains
· Providing clear communications to non-procurement and procurement audience
· Supporting others in self-service procurement.
· Show organisation skills and logical approach to problem solving
· Confident chairing meeting, capturing notes, assigning clear actions roles and responsibilities.
You will also have these Skills:
Personal Effectiveness (expert)
· Use clear and appropriate language, communication styles and techniques that engage your audience
· Be ambitious, identify and adopt ways to make improvements in your team and Natural England and inspire others to act
· Respect the diverse needs and experience of other people, be inclusive in everything you do
· Make and explain objective decisions which combine your professional judgement and evidence
· Share expertise and knowledge with people and networks so that you can develop together
Putting People at the heart of the Environment (varied)
· Listen to and understand our diverse partners and customers so that you achieve the best outcomes for them and Natural England (expert)
· Nurture trusting partnerships and collaborate to achieve pragmatic outcomes that help deliver Natural England’s vision, mission and aims (expert)
· Understand and explain the outcomes that we seek in your local patch and how these fit in with local and national issues (practitioner)
Work Delivery (varied)
· Manage and deliver your work to meet agreed targets and deadlines (expert)
· Handle data responsibly, understand your role in good governance, and comply with delegations, policies and procedures (practitioner)
· Consider the financial implications of your work and seek income from our products and services (expert)
Work Safely (expert)
· Apply risk assessment and safe working practices to everything you do
If this Procurement Specialist role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our PSR team now.
“In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.”
Reference ID: PSR1JP00038680
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
About the Company
Company: Public Sector Resourcing –
Company Location: Home Based