Production Manager – Stadium Goods Own Brand Job at Farfetch in Los Angeles, CA
Hello. We’re Stadium Goods. We are the world’s premier sneaker and streetwear marketplace selling only the most sought-after footwear, apparel and other hard-to-find items on behalf of our sellers. We are driven by our principles and committed to providing the best consumer and consignment experience there is. In January 2019, Stadium Goods became part of the Farfetch family of companies, which will help guide our evolution as we usher in the next chapter of growth.
The Commercial Team is comprised of two teams, Consignment & Supply. The Consignment Team manages the in-take of product and oversee the curation, pricing, and consignor experience. They partner with all departments to provide a successful product life cycle. The Supply Team consists of Product Intake, Partner Development, and DSS. Not only does Supply ensure that all products sold at Stadium Goods are authentic but they also nurture relationships with all consignors, including Brands, Boutique Chains, and Enterprises to secure high demand goods for sale at Stadium Goods.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our team. You will be based in our Farfetch LA Office and report to our Director of Commercial Planning & Strategy with indirect reporting into our VP Stadium Goods Brand. The primary focus will be to support the production planning, development and execution of SG Brand products (private label). You will work with Creative, Finance, Operations, and Strategy teams to support hitting our sales and profitability targets, with one Production Associate reporting to you. Your key projects will include: Product Optimization: (Develop production SOPs and best practices (e.g., reduce use of air shipping), Product Diversification: Expand the vendor portfolio to better support the private label business through negotiation of better terms and stronger margins and access to cutting edge / new product development technologies and Sustainability: Support the ideation of environmentally conscious merchandise and practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will help implement merchandise strategies to achieve sales, turn and gross margin goals with a focus on product development and managing a steady flow of goods
- You will support the VP Stadium Goods Brand by overseeing execution of product development from ideation / initial drawings to T.O.P. samples
- You will participate in meetings ensuring understanding of product and financial goals – identify potential production, quality, and costing issues at all stages of development and make recommendations to mitigate risk
- You will develop the vendor matrix by building relationships, monitoring industry trends, evaluating the competition, and attending major markets with the VP Stadium Goods Brand; Support trend scouting and product line ideation
- You will negotiate with vendors and factories to achieve margin targets through up-front pricing
- You will communicate with vendors and factories to follow progress and check production
- You will partner with the merchandise planner on the open-to-buy process and manage the production calendar across all private label / SG brands and products (Stadium Goods, STADIUM, Kids, and Womens) to ensure orders are placed and shipped
- You will work with design to source raw materials within specified timelines; Partner with technical designers to product detailed tech packs
- You will oversee fit process including sample checking from measurement to final fitting and ensure construction and sizing across product classifications within each brand
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 5 or more years of experience within Production or Product Development
- You will bring factory relationships
- You can be flexible with late night calls with China
- You will understand the market trends on sustainability on product and packaging
- You will must have experience with stretch knits and activewear to support design with best practices, new methods, concepts, and functional expertise.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Comprehensive total rewards package that includes a great compensation package, company equity, health benefits and 401k
- Paid time off
- Dynamic career growth opportunities
- A fun, creative and mission-driven work environment
- Team outings and afterwork events
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- Stadium Goods is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is celebrated. We make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
We’re looking for a Production Manager to join our Stadium Goods team!
About the Company
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA