Public Finance Not-for-profit Healthcare Investment Banking – Associate Job at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. – 3.9 in New York, NY
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties of a Public Finance Associate include:
- Utilize industry-approved third-party programs (DBC) to prepare bond structures
- Develop customized financial models using Excel to develop tailored bond financing structures
- Perform credit and debt capacity analyses for specific credits based on industry/sector
- Prepare responses to requests for proposals (“RFP”) required as part of the solicitation process
- Create and manage debt profiles for issuers/credits
- Evaluate existing debt portfolios for refunding/restructuring opportunities
- Execute bond financings for all transactions in which J.P. Morgan participates
- Work closely with all areas of Public Finance, including DCM, various syndicate desks, and credit origination to pitch municipal clients and execute transactions
- Interact with various professionals in other areas of the firm to facilitate presentation, RFP responses and execute bond transactions
- Prepare presentation materials used by bankers and senior management for client meetings
- Participate in client presentations, as required
- Strategic advisory work, including DCF modeling, creating transaction comparables, etc.
- Strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing skills
- Understanding of transaction cycle, the steps in the process and execution oriented
- Impeccable communication details with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, clients and key stakeholders in other line of business
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- Join in various internal department activities
Candidates should be adaptable, able to manage projects independently and ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team. Work ethic is a must and ability to commit to the multi-year analyst/associate program. Candidates should also be able to work well under pressure in a demanding environment, producing accurate, detailed materials while meeting tight deadlines.
Candidates should also have a well-rounded academic background with coursework in finance or economics and be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Candidates should demonstrate academic strength, strong teamwork, communication skills and a high energy level. An undergraduate degree from a competitive university or higher required. Previous Public Finance or Healthcare experience at an investment bank or financial advisory firm is strongly preferred.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Company
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. – 3.9
Company Location: New York, NY