Real Estate Analyst Job at Novogradac & Company – 2.7 in Merriam, KS
Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, and the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 28 offices throughout the country. Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms. As one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the nation, the firm offers significant growth opportunities for employees. A focus on providing excellent service for clients has made Novogradac & Company a recognized leader in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
The Real Estate Analyst position is responsible for performing research and analysis for the Government Consulting and Valuation Advisory (GoVal) department. This includes reviewing property information, performing market studies, and analyzing economic trends in designated regions. This position reports to a designated Manager on the GoVal team.
- Perform preliminary property screenings, market analysis, comparable rents surveys, and demand analysis
- Perform market studies and assist in performing appraisals of proposed and existing real estate developments
- Find subsidized, tax credit and market rate comparables
- Analyze demographic information of market area and economic trends which include employment, average wages, median incomes of market area and relation to demand of affordable housing in area
- Analyze general housing market through comparison of renting and buying a home, construction of buildings and apartment market studies performed by other sources Quantify excluded properties in the market area
- Request information from appraisers on improved and land comparables
- Assist in performing Rent Comparability Studies by HUD guidelines
- Provide training and mentorship to Jr. Analysts and Analysts
- Assist with other duties, projects, or partner requests as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather information, conduct analyses, and present findings
- Solid organizational and follow-through skills, performing work accurately with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (prefer advanced skill in Excel)
- Available for domestic travel as needed, including ability to drive in order to reach designated sites for in-person visits
Bachelor’s degree in related area plus 2-4 years of Real Estate research, market analysis, or commercial appraisal experience, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience.
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website : http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac and Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Novogradac’s culture is centered on education, acceptance, innovation and opportunity. We value diversity and respect the different perspectives that each of our employees bring to Novogradac no matter their age, race, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace for our entire workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: Novogradac & Company – 2.7
Company Location: Merriam, KS