Senior Financial Analyst – Remote Opportunity Job at Kindercare Education – 2.8 in Portland, OR
About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
In neighborhoods with our KinderCare ® Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
At work through KinderCare Education at Work™ , family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
In local schools with our Champions ® before and after-school programs.
This Senior Financial Analyst role is embedded in the FP&A – Growth Initiatives team, partnering entirely with new center growth. The primary focus of this position is to manage the acquisition pipeline, perform financial analysis in support of investment decisions and manage the external relationships with brokers and sellers. This is a truly unique opportunity to partner on a cross-functional team addressing acquisition challenges and opportunities. The position requires all the usual strengths of a financial analyst but combines it with the opportunity to focus on strategic analysis and development of business cases, working with a variety of qualitative and quantitative information.
- Perform key financial analysis to justify growth activities.
- Develop and create ad-hoc financial modeling for special projects and program development using standard investment metrics (NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Develop pro forma models for new centers, creating a thorough, accurate, and well-documented analysis.
- Partner with external brokers to source new acquisition opportunities
- Work closely in a fast-paced environment with team members and cross functional business partners to identify and escalate analytical issues.
- Based on analysis conducted, develop own analytical point of view regarding new sites/ opportunities, presenting perspective with clear and concise language.
- Using P&L, review model outputs compared to portfolio results (prior year, versus budget, etc.) to determine model reasonableness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field required.
- 4+ years of experience in finance or investment analysis required, preferably in a multi-unit organization
- Experience in developing and/or maintaining complex financial models in Excel.
- Experience in utilizing more qualitative data to inform analytical positions.
- Strong understanding of and experience with financial analysis, cash-flow modeling concepts, and investment metrics and concepts (NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once maintaining accuracy and speed.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated flexibility in re-prioritizing projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to propose solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, including understanding critical issues, not just “crunching numbers”.
- Strong business acumen and ability to communicate financial concepts in terms that others can understand.
- Highly proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Desirable Skills: Cognos, Hyperion and MS Access
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools ™ , Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location : US-Oregon-Portland
Other Locations : US-Remote Opportunity
Job : National Support Center
Organization : NSC
Schedule : Permanent
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 12, 2021, 9:17:16 PM
About the Company
Company: Kindercare Education – 2.8
Company Location: Portland, OR