SENIOR FISCAL ANALYST Job at City of West Palm Beach – 3.9 in West Palm Beach, FL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
1. Researches and analyzes special projects for Department Director, Project Manager and Budget Manager.
2. Prepares budget amendments for department and agenda packages for the Department.
3. Coordinates with Finance and other Departments in preparation of the City budget.
4. Provides analysis of budget to the City Commission, City Administration, Finance Department, and other departments.
5. Prepares an analysis of Department’s financial status as directed.
6. Prepares monthly reconciliation reports for all grant funds and general fund accounts.
7. Performs the duties of a Senior Accountant, when required.
8. Assists in the preparation of Consolidated Plan, CAPER, Local Housing Assistance Plan, Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports and works with external auditors.
9. Communicates with departments, administration and commission as directed.
10. May supervise other accounting positions.
11. Prepares budget documents including Budget in Brief and Annual Budget Binder.
12. Provides support on invoicing, accounts receivables and accounts payables.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
$54,357 annually – Pay grade 58
Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field and four (4) years of progressively responsible government budgeting, billing, collection, or revenue generation experience is required, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
A valid Florida driver’s license is required. For application purposes, a valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within thirty (30) days from date of employment.
Education Requirements: To be considered valid (or verified) for position qualification purposes, and consistent with City Hiring Policy 4-5, a High School, GED or equivalent diploma, and all higher education degrees or certifications must have been issued by:
a) a public education institution in the State of Florida or any State or Territory of the United States; or
b) an institution accredited by an accrediting organization that is recognized by the Florida Department of Education or the U.S. Department of Education; or
c) an institution that is accredited by an organization that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA); or
d) an institution whose degree or certification is accepted by institutions identified in either a), b), or c), above, for the purpose of admission to institutions identified in either a), b), or c) above.
International degrees will be evaluated to determine if they satisfy qualification requirements.
The selection process for this position may consist of any, all or a combination of the following tests: evaluation of training and experience, written examination, structured oral interview or other assessment method.
State of Emergency: When normal operations of City departments are suspended or interrupted due to a declaration by the Mayor that a state of emergency exists, all employees will be deemed critical by the City. For the preparation and/or continuation of emergency operations or for special work detail, employees deemed necessary shall be required to work. Employees deemed critical by the City but not needed for the initial preparation and/or continuation of emergency operations or for special work detail may be directed not to report to work, and given paid administrative leave or they may be reassigned to another location that best meet the needs of the City.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position you may apply online by selecting the Apply Now button at the end of the job posting. Applications must be received in Human Resources by the closing date.
The City of West Palm Beach is an equal employment opportunity employer. The City values the service of veterans to our country, supports recruitment of veterans and veterans’ preference will be given in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes for those who met the minimum requirements of the position. Background investigation, physical, and drug and alcohol screening is required as condition of employment.
Closing Date 15-Oct-2021
About the Company
Company: City of West Palm Beach – 3.9
Company Location: West Palm Beach, FL