Senior Treasury Analyst in Accounting and Finance Job at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) – 3.9 in Houston, TX
UTHealth is looking for a Senior Treasury Analyst to work with our administration as well as UT Physicians. This employee plans and coordinates the activities of the cash management team to obtain the maximum utilization and security of institution by determining daily cash position and maintaining appropriate cash flows to meet the University’s cash needs. You will be focusing on cash positioning for UTHealth as well as the UT Physicians clinic system. You will be making operational cash management decisions and handling fund transfers including wire, checks, and automated clearing house network transactions. Applicants should have solid banking and/or treasury experience, and the Certified Treasury Professional designation is preferred.
This is a fulltime role that is eligible for all UTHealth benefits inculing healthcare coverage and participation in a pension plan managed by the State of Texas. You will office in our University Center Tower location which is in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. The position is classified as an exempt role.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Manages the university’s cash and short/intermediate term investments.
2. Performs cash forecasting (projection of the collection and disbursement of funds) and cash/ investment reporting.
3. Liaison with financial institutions that provide banking services to the University to develop and maintain an effective banking relationship.
4. Provides information and guidance to departments concerning accounts, including petty cash; provides fund setup and operating guidelines.
5. Coordinates and records electronic transfer (EFT) deposits and disbursements to ensure the appropriate and timely identification and recording in the general ledger.
6. Ensure adequate collateralization of UT funds in depository account according to UT System policies; reviews monthly bank account analysis reports to ensure that bank charges are consistent with the contracted rates.
7. Performs system administration duties for the fund transfer system.
8. Keeps abreast of current treasury management trends, and where appropriate, with the approval of the Director of Accounting, implements and/or upgrades the bank balance reporting system to meet the dynamic needs of UT-Houston.
9. Makes decisions within the HSC, state and federal policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as those of various private granting agencies in the administration of grant and payroll accounts.
10. Provides work direction and guidance to personnel within the department. May lead projects and activities.
11. May perform other duties as assigned.
Certified Treasury Professional designation is preferred but not required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
Five (5) years experience in a cash management area and experience with treasury management fund transfer and bank balance reporting software.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
About the Company
Company: The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) – 3.9
Company Location: Houston, TX