Senior UI/UX Designer Job at Country Fire Authority in Burwood East VIC
About CFA ICT Services:
CFA ICT Services deliver a range of enterprise applications and services that support the community, CFA personnel and other emergency sector agencies.
About the Role:
The primary focus of the Senior UI/UX Designer is to design and deliver innovative digital solutions and services to meet user requirements and enhance user experience. You will lead the translation and transformation of CFA business processes to mobile friendly user centric digital products in line with CFA’s digital strategy and provide leadership and influence across the organisation in the development of digital design solutions and strategies.
Your responsibilities will include designing and developing digital solutions and services to complex business problems by engaging and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the design process and ensuring digital solution services are delivered and outcomes achieved. You will consult and engage with users and key stakeholders to understand their needs and product requirements in order to create digital design solutions that contribute to positive end user experience and align to CFA’s digital strategy.
Further, detailed responsibilities include:
- Developing strategies to convey complex and/or technical concepts in simple terms to non-technical audiences to ensure user requirements and product features are adequately captured, communicated, understood and signed off.
- Developing innovative and creative digital solutions that are flexible to meet changing environments and user needs based on well-developed knowledge and understanding of digital principles, techniques and methods.
- Leading and planning the design of innovative mobile first products to improve the accessibility, quality and management of data and end-user satisfaction in their interaction with CFA business systems by providing modern user experience for members through mobile devices.
- Providing expert advice and assessment to ensure CFA digital products and web content comply with legislative accessibility compliance guidelines and standards and are aligned to CFA’s digital strategies.
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, framework, best practices, standards and tools to ensure CFA delivers quality digital products and reduces the cost of development by adhering to guidelines and standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career within our close-knit and professional team.
When applying for a position with CFA, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position.
Applicants must address the selection criteria outlined in the attached position description.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter• Responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description• Resume
Please note: (if internal)
- Transfers on a fixed term basis or higher duties assignments require the approval of your current manager.• Only CFA employees are eligible to apply for positions that have been advertised internally.
Submitting your Application:
When you click the ‘apply’ button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment-related questions.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police History Check and a Working with Children Check.
CFA supports flexible working arrangements and is committed to be an inclusive, fair and child safe organisation for all staff, volunteers and the community.
Applications close: 11:59pm 25th March 2021
About the Company
Company: Country Fire Authority
Company Location: Burwood East VIC