Specialist, Credit Card Lending Job at BMO Financial Group – in Mississauga, ON
2465 Argentia Road
Groupe de famille d’emploi :
Vente et serv–Serv partic
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l’égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
Schedule: full time 37.5h/week, the candidates must be flexible from 8am to 12am from Sunday to Saturday
The Specialist, Credit Card Lending is accountable to provide exceptional sales and service to BMO customers or prospects by handling personal credit card loan applications submitted to the Customer Contact Centre via all communication channels including telephone and/or electronically (as assigned). This role is accountable to advise customers on personal credit card loan products and services that meet the customers credit card objectives, and fulfill sales & service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures. The role will adjudicate credit card loans in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policy & Procedures. The Specialist, Credit Card Lending will also pre-screen card applications for complete information and documentation and proactively contact customers directly for support documentation.
90% Sales and Service:
- Provide exceptional sales and service to BMO customers or prospects by handling incoming calls to the NACCC in an informed, professional and efficient manner.
- Probe to understand client needs and provide advice related to cards lending strategies that meet the clients objectives and manage all transactional outcomes of the call in a professional and accurate manner (e.g., complete any relevant administration requirements).
- Identify opportunities to make qualified referrals to other groups within the NACCC as identified within the NACCC to ensure that client needs are met.
- Process customer requests, following established processes including generating service requests in order to complete financial and non-financial transactions, accurately, within specified time frames and in accordance with Bank policies and procedures
- Proactively address and resolve any customer issue or concern presented in an incoming call. This may include investigating in BMO systems to understand the underlying root cause and escalate as required to resolve the customer concern. Escalate complex or unresolved escalated customer situations to the Assistant Manager/Manager as required.
- Follow all BMO policies and procedures during customer calls in order to minimize risk to the business and provide the customer with appropriate information as per established regulations. Perform any required documentation after the call is completed to ensure an accurate processing of any client request.
- Maintain current knowledge of the banking industry, practises and trends and integrate into client conversations in a professional manner.
- Use applicable technology and tools to facilitate an effective conversation with the customer and drive appropriate business results.
- Integrate marketing promotions and programs into the customer conversation where appropriate to demonstrate added value to the customer, completing any necessary administration, as appropriate
10% Operational Effectiveness:
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of team and still maintain an exceptional level of service to the customer. Make recommendations to the Assistant Manager/Manager.
- Protect BMO assets by adhering to all applicable personal banking, commercial banking, investment and lending regulations, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, process requirements and established risk guidelines.
- Maintain the confidentiality of both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank policies and procedures
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures in accordance with Bank P&P for the prevention of loss due to fraud, money laundering or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Understand regulatory and compliance requirements that include, but are not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions, in accordance with Bank policies and procedures; take appropriate action.
- Understand risks and take appropriate actions as they relate to cards lending products, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity within BMO Direct Banking and BMO Financial Group.
Authority to use and access confidential information related to customer information, product and financial information.
Authority to respond to day-to-day queries on transactions, product knowledge, processes, and technology providing accurate and complete direction and guidance.
Scope and Impact :
Decision credit card applications within turnaround targets
Average Speed of Answer for telephone inquiries as per Contact Centre objectives.
Average Handle Time for telephone inquiries as per Contact Centre objectives
Performance Target for quality and needs-based sales as per Contact Centre objectives
Completed high school education, or equivalent work experience
Credit Qualified with Limits
Knowledge of the cards lending process
Knowledge of all operational processes and supporting applications and policies
Knowledge of Credit Cards products & Services and loan documentation
Knowledge of competitive market place and trends in product offerings
Knowledge and understanding of cards lending technologies
Good knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics
Communication skills (verbal & written) (In-depth)
Proven conflict resolution skills (Working)
Organizational awareness (Basic)
Some success working in a similar and/or related sales & service environment (Basic)
Some understanding of Risk Management & Compliance (Basic)
Were here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the futurethe future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together were changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Ici, pour vous.
À BMO, nous sommes animés par une raison d’être commune : Avoir le cran de faire une différence dans la vie, comme en affaires. Cette raison d’être nous invite à entraîner des changements positifs et durables pour nos clients, nos collectivités et nos gens. En travaillant ensemble, en innovant et en repoussant les limites, nous transformons des vies et des entreprises et favorisons la croissance économique partout dans le monde.
En tant que membre de l’équipe de BMO, vous êtes valorisé, respecté et entendu, et vous avez plus de moyens pour progresser et obtenir des résultats. Nous nous efforçons de vous aider à obtenir des résultats dès le premier jour, pour vous-même et nos clients. Nous vous offrirons les outils et les ressources dont vous avez besoin pour franchir de nouvelles étapes, car vous aidez nos clients à franchir les leurs. Au moyen de formation et de coaching approfondis ainsi que de soutien de la direction et d’occasions de réseautage, nous vous aiderons à acquérir une expérience enrichissante et à élargir votre groupe de compétences.
Pour en savoir plus, visitez-nous à l’adresse https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/fr .
BMO s’engage à offrir un milieu de travail inclusif, équitable et accessible. Nous apprenons de nos différences et tirons notre force des gens et de leurs différents points de vue. Des mesures d’adaptation sont disponibles sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à tous les aspects du processus de sélection. Pour demander des mesures d’adaptation, veuillez communiquer avec votre recruteur.
About the Company
Company: BMO Financial Group –
Company Location: Mississauga, ON