Strategy Business Analyst Job at Carhartt in Dearborn, MI
Position Location: Dearborn, MI
Reports To: Sr. Manager Strategy and Analytics
Job Band: Professional
The Strategy Business Analyst will work to connect all wholesale distribution channels to Carhartt corporate strategy by working collaboratively with their peers, field leaders and cross functional partners. A successful Strategy Business Analyst understands retail and wholesale, is able to clearly communicate with the business and IT, often interpreting the needs of each team into deliverables and actions. In this role you will have the opportunity to problem solve, think analytically and creatively, while focusing on the process of delivering sprints & long term projects that enable our best in class experience for our Carhartt retail partners.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable, because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
- Manage individual projects to maintain schedule and budget, clearly identifying changes in outcomes or timelines.
- Assists the Manager, Business Analytics in allocating and prioritizing projects to team of Channel Analysts by understand the iterative nature of individual project and how projects are ultimately connected
- Performs analytical needs and projects related to Corp Strategy
- Participates in Actionable NAWS, Channel, Account, Door, and Geo level analysis from analytics team
- Participates in NAWS Inventory Management / ATP monitoring and in-stock analysis
- Opportunity and Risk analysis, solution proposals
- Facilitate workshops, gather business requirements, map business processes, document account journeys, and author business requirements with accuracy and clarity
- Analyze and define projects that will enhance and deliver new features and functionality to budget and without compromising quality
- Research, benchmark, design and implement new or enhanced processes/projects to meet key business objectives
- Support the business in the creation of business cases and change requests to support the corporate strategy with clear ROI and to continually improve the functionality, performance, and reliability of our systems and processes
- Author business process guides for end users and conduct training sessions
- Define business test cases, manage and execute the user acceptance testing process
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Related Field
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Experience
- 2 Years of experience with the SAP business object quite or similar data extraction platform.
- 2 or more years of Business Analyst experience required. Apparel, ecommerce, retail or consumer products manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in writing clear and comprehensive formal reports based on specific queries and other subjects relating to work assignments.
- Strong MS-Office skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), High proficiency with Excel is strongly preferred including, but not limited to: VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, and Macros.
- Knowledge of various analysis tools such as Lumira, Tableau, or MS-Power BI.
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes and procedures which relate to retail sales cycles, finance, inventory, etc.
- Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail.
- Professional communication skills and the ability to present information in an understandable format.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, organization, time management and analytical/problem solving skills are required along with a high degree of flexibility and creativity
- Experience writing business test cases and managing the user acceptance testing period
- Office Environment
- Willing to work some weekends if necessary
- Travel (30%)
- Tobacco Free
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
About the Company
Company Location: Dearborn, MI