Tax Accountant Job at PEPKOR in Parow, Western Cape
Review and monitor tax calculations and disclosures for quarterly reporting and AFS purposes.
Prepare Tax reports for management and external stakeholders (Audit Committee).
Assist with tax compliance and tax queries for South Africa and foreign entities.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Quarterly Tax Reporting
- Tax calculation and disclosure template development
- Normal and deferred tax pack calculation review with feedback
- Disclosure reconciliation from Tax pack to Statutory Reporting pack
- Review of Group tax effect on capital items disclosures for purposes of HEPS
- Monitor tax compliance across several entities and jurisdictions
- Review income tax calculations and tax returns
- Monitor the submission of income tax returns and issuing of assessments
- Prepare / review provisional tax estimate calculations
- Monitor provisional tax return submission and timely payment
- Monitor WHT return submission and timely payment
- Review of CFC calculations and IT10B returns
- Monitor and identify any indirect tax risks
- Provide guidance on interpretation of tax legislation for consistent application, including technical tax advice
Stakeholders & Relationship Management
- Act as a trusted advisory and enabler to the business
- Maintain a good relationship with Tax Authorities
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- CA(SA) OR Commerce undergraduate degree – tax element
- Post graduate qualification – tax element would be beneficial
- Minimum of 3+ year’s tax accounting and compliance experience needed
- Knowledge of tax compliance and reporting in a corporate environment is essential
- Understanding of foreign tax legislation and corresponding experience would be beneficial, specifically Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and Eswatini
- Passion for tax and eagerness to stay abreast of developments in the tax arena
- Computer literacy: Advanced level (Office Software and Financial systems)
- Skills: Analytical; Commitment; Problem solving; Build and maintain healthy business relationships; Attention to detail, Commercial- / Business acumen
- Independent worker who is able to work well under pressure
- Enthusiastic, committed, mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative
If you are interested in the above position and meet the requirements as indicated above, please submit your CV.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Pepkor strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Tax Accounting : 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company Location: Parow, Western Cape