Trading Services Analyst Job at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. – in Bournemouth
The middle office as a whole must ensure the accurate capture of the business’ transactions, systematically managing product complexity, capturing the subsequent market risks resulting from these transactions, and representing accurate PnL for our Traders.
Our Middle Office currently supports approx. 80 traders with a trade volume of 105,000 per day, due to this high demanding volume we have to ensure our controls monitoring this population are accurately and efficiently completed.
Specific projects that require this support are core control and efficiency improvements:
- Definition and analysis of amends MIS
- Definition of solutions / fixes based on MIS analysis to present for prioritization
- Enhance reporting quality in order to present to and facilitate high quality analysis so we are in a position to draw solid conclusions around key drivers
- Periodic Reporting: Update and publish weekly metrics for Management consumption including trend analysis and impact of deliveries over time
- Monitor Middle Office trade lifecycle event processing to understand the key manual touch-points themes and display the impact of this via suitable MIS
- Once problem areas are identified; build relationships across the business to create working groups and initiate change discussions
- Liaise with Marketing support, Trade Support and other Back Office control groups
- Analysis and identification of inconsistencies in Control processes, process flows and business functions
- Develop strategies for road to consistency and effective progress tracking
We are looking for candidates to join who display drive and enthusiasm, who are highly numerate, work well as part of a team and have strong communication skills.
Some specific skills that we would prefer candidates to possess include:
- Product knowledge – Understanding of vanilla and complex derivative products
- Understanding of risk types – Market, operational, settlement, credit, legal and reputational
- Systems skills – Understanding of risk management and reporting systems, straight through processing, Excel
- Problem solving – Developing and implementing solutions to often complex issues
- Control – Understanding and implementing the control framework to mitigate risk through the transaction lifecycle
- Projects – Assisting in the delivery of tactical and strategic solutionsJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Company
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. –
Company Location: Bournemouth