Treasury Analyst Job at ENMAX Corporation – in Calgary, AB
Current ENMAX employees are encouraged to apply through their internal Workday access.
Posted: October 13, 2021
Closing Date: October 27, 2021
Position Type: Limited Term – 12 Months
Note: Priority will be given to qualified internal applicants.
PEOPLE. That’s the power behind ENMAX Corporation. As one of Alberta’s leading energy and utility providers, our employees are the strength and knowledge that continue to drive our success. At the ENMAX group of companies, we look for energy solutions for today, while knowing we have the power to provide for a better tomorrow.
Reporting to the Team Lead, this position manages ENMAX’s treasury requirements regarding daily cash management, short-term borrowing, foreign exchange, interest rate risk, long-term borrowing, financing strategy and financial modelling/review
- Manage corporate cash position including short-term debt and investments, commercial paper issuances, credit facility draw-downs, and foreign exchange hedging transactions in alignment with treasury and corporate policies.
- Produce a daily cash report with commentary for senior executives to concisely summarize the corporate cash position and identify liquidity risks and opportunities.
- Oversee the administration of all bank accounts, including access to controls over electronic banking.
- Track and verify invoices, manage purchase orders, and assist the department annual budgeting.
- Support with capital market and inter-company debt issuances by completing analysis and documentation as required.
- Contribute to credit rating agency reviews and investor marketing
- Provide quantitative financial analysis and financial modeling support to Treasury, Business Development, Business Valuations, Regulatory and other internal stakeholders.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Various treasury related ad-hoc requests
- Undergraduate degree, or technical diploma, in a related discipline such as Finance, Economics or Commerce.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 6 years progressive, relevant experience, together with a working knowledge of finance.
- Minimum 4 years direct experience with cash management.
- Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills as well as solid market understanding.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- A strong team player capable of working in a demanding and fast paced environment is required.
- Possession of, or pursuit of a CPA, CFA or CTP designation would be considered an asset
- Proven ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Organized, flexible and able to influence change within a team environment which is both stimulating and fast paced.
- Adjust communication style for different audiences.
- Manage corporate cash position including short-term debt and investments in alignment with treasury and corporate policies.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Report on foreign exchange and interest rate exposures quarterly. Implement ongoing hedging strategies to manage the exposures identified.
- Motivated, outgoing, analytical, and result orientated individual.
Did we mention the ENMAX Advantage?
We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive flexible benefits program, non-downtown location that includes great building amenities such as free onsite fitness facility with programming geared to employee’s needs, onsite child care centre (upon availability, offered from our ENMAX Place location 141 – 50 Ave. SE), free parking and much more. If you share our values and would like to make a difference with your career, join the team and see where the ENMAX possibilities can take you.
Salary: Financial Business Analyst Level C (Current CUPE 2021 rates)
$91,830.10 – $97,622.80 – $103,336.14 – $109,029.65 – $114,802.51
ENMAX Values – Safety, Integrity, Accountability, Service, Teamwork, Agility, Innovation
Location: 141 – 50th Avenue SE, 8820 – 52 St. S.E., 2020 Centre Avenue N.E.
4110 9 St S.E., Calgary, AB OR 110-10216 124 ST NW, Edmonton, AB
Although this role primarily works at ENMAX Place (141 – 50th Avenue SE, Calgary, AB), for now you’ll be required to work remotely.
In order to adapt to the business impacts of Covid-19, we have changed the way we connect with our candidates. All interviews will now be done virtually as well as our on-boarding and job training will be completed remotely.
ENMAX welcomes all qualified applicants to apply and is committed to a safe and respectful workplace. It is our aim to have a workplace which is inclusive and values safety, diversity, personal integrity, respect for individual differences, and encourages ownership and accountability for our actions.
Must be legal to work in Canada and requires the successful completion of a criminal background check. Two pieces of valid Government issued ID will be required.
Two professional references will be requested.
Education requirements for this position will be verified by a third party.
Please visit our careers page
to learn more about other opportunities at ENMAX Corporation.
Location: 141 – 50th Avenue SE, Calgary, AB
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: ENMAX Corporation –
Company Location: Calgary, AB