Warehouse Receiving Clerk Job at POP WAREHOUSE (Pty) Ltd – in Johannesburg, Gauteng
Dynamic, fast-moving Warehousing and Logistics Company requires the services of a Warehouse Receiving Clerk focusing on the management and logistics of Warehousing and Event material.
- Matric with Mathematics & relevant Degree / Diploma
- Minimum 5 years Relevant experience in Warehousing and Logistics
- Valid Forklift License will be an advantage
Skills set & requirements
- High Computer literacy, understanding and proficiency and competency in Excel; Word; PowerPoint required
- Excellent written and verbal skills Excellent people and management skills
- Strong numeracy skills Ability to multitask in stressful situations and absorb pressure in stressful situations
- High sense of urgency
- Check Delivery documents is for correct address
- When goods received check whether it is a returned order or a new item.
- Follow Receiving SOP
- Taking a detailed clear picture and W&D
- Sending this picture, W&D to the coordinator for the item to be created on the POPular system.
- Check the Future Receipt report for deliveries received
- Capture GRN for the new items.
- When dealing with a returned item, the employee must:
- Check quantity and condition of equipment.
- Any damages must be noted and reported to management immediately.
- Request quotes for repairs and or replacement.
- Create a DI for repair
- Ensure items are packaged and labelled clearly and correctly and placed in the damages bay for collection.
- Once items have been repaired / replaced return the items onto the system.
- If no damages or issues:
- Book the returns back into the POPular system
- Ensure the items are correctly cleaned, packaged, barcoded and stored in the correct bay in the warehouse.
- Receiving area to be clean and packed accordingly
- All Free stock to be packed away within 24 hours and other receipts to be packed away within 48 hours
- Manage Packaging material for all DI’s
- Strict respect and adherence to Operational; Logistics and Finance process
- Analyse and interpret operational performance information and ensure daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of relevant performance metrics
- Building relationships with both external stakeholders (suppliers, contractors; 3PL contracted for warehousing business etc.), as well as internal stakeholders
- Implementation and adherence to workflow for on-site depot client
- Ensure hardware, software and equipment necessary to run optimally
- Ensuring that all jobs are processed, actioned, and delivered on time.
- Handling of customer queries and escalating the queries to the relevant management
- Ensure that all documentation is correctly filed and easily accessible
- Strong support to Management.
- Stock accuracy through strict controls; enforcement of company SOP’s.
- Adhering to the H&S Covid19 Protocols.
- Assist with Picking, Packing, and daily Operational requirements where required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R6,000.00 – R7,000.00 per month
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: POP WAREHOUSE (Pty) Ltd –
Company Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng